GCSE (Years 10 & 11)
Farlington offers an extensive, varied and challenging curriculum at GCSE.
Everyone is entered for English Language (*and the majority for English Literature). There is also an English as a Second Language alternative for our international students. Mathematics is of course studied by everyone, as are all three Sciences (although there is the choice to be entered for either a double or triple award).
In addition, students select four subjects from the GCSE choices available, to ensure that they have a balanced programme. Therefore the standard total number of GCSEs taken at Farlington ranges from nine to 11.
Subjects offered are:
- Essential subjects: English Language; English Literature*; Mathematics; Science (dual or triple award)
- Creative & Expressive choices: Drama & Theatre; Fine Art; Music; Physical Education
- Social Science choices: Geography; History; Religion, Philosophy & Ethics; Sociology
- Language choices: French; German; Latin; Spanish
- Extra-curricular choice: Italian
You can find details of each individual subject offered on our GCSE Curriculum MicroSite.